I’m normally a peanut butter and banana smoothie kinda gal, but when the temperature heats up outside I crave mangoes. I like adding fresh ginger root, a pinch of cayenne, and ground flaxseed to my mango smoothies. If you’re not a fan of spice, you could totally omit the cayenne. I recommend tweaking the cayenne and ginger to suit your taste buds.
I usually whip this up on days my gut isn’t feeling on point. The mango satisfies my sweet tooth and the ginger is a well known remedy for digestive health. When I’m feeling “extra” I top my glass with some Tajin seasoning for a tangy twist.
Spicy Green Mango Smoothie
This spicy green mango smoothie is quick and easy to make with detoxifying ingredients. Make yours as mild or spicy as you’d like!
Serves: Makes 1 serving
Time: 5 minutes
Author: Klaudia of JustaLittleQuirky.com
Recipe Type: Smoothies
- 1 cup chilled coconut water, unsweetened almond milk, or water
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks* (may use fresh)
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger root* (more or less to taste)
- 1 small handful baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed meal
- Pinch of ground cayenne (optional)
- Optional extras: 1 scoop of vanilla collagen peptides, pinch of chili powder, or a sprinkle of Tajin* seasoning for garnish.
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend until completely smooth, adding extra coconut water (or water/milk) if needed to thin out smoothie.
- Enjoy immediately!
*If using fresh mangoes, try peeling and dicing the mangoes ahead of time. If you are short on time and are using fresh fruit, a handful of ice cubes is a must for a thick and frothy smoothie.
*If you don’t have access to fresh ginger root, ground ginger found in the spice aisle is a great substitute. About a pinch of ground ginger should be enough.
*This is NOT a sponsored post. I only recommend ingredients I use and trust.